Coalville Leisure Centre secured!
FT Leisure are delighted to announce that we have secured the contract to design, supply and install the pool technology at the new Whitwick and Coalville Leisure Centre, which will be built on council-owned land off Stephenson Way (A511) in Coalville.
Construction began in July 2020 to build the next centre and this is expected to open late 2022.
The centre will cost £22.5m with the current Hermitage Leisure Centre remaining open until the completion of the new facility.
The plans for the new centre will see the land turned into a parkland leisure destination, including a trim trail with activity stations, pedestrian and cycle access from Hermitage Recreation Ground and Stephenson College, and a high ropes course within the woodland. The centre itself will include:
- Eight lane 25 metre main pool, learner pool with FT Leisure moveable floor
- 120 station gym, 25 spin cycles and two exercise studios
- Café with healthy eating options
- Eight court sports hall and three squash courts
- Changing Places facility accessible from the lobby
- Clip ‘n’ Climb
- Sauna, steam and spa pool.
- 250 car spaces
Construction company Metnor will be responsible for building the new centre and once complete, the new centre will be managed by the council’s leisure partner, Everyone Active.