Carnival Pool awarded to FT
FT Leisure have secured the 10th leisure centre project for Pellikaan Construction at Carnival Pool, Wokingham.
This new community leisure facility for Wokingham Borough Council will feature:
- A new Clip ‘n Climb adventure climbing facility and a multi-level Soft Play area
- A 25 m 6 lane swimming pool
- A learner pool with variable depth moveable floor
- A children’s Splash Pad with fountains and jets alongside the pools
- A gym and a specialist spin studio
- A spa area
- A larger café area with more seating and improved view into the teaching pool area
- New viewing galleries
The redevelopment work has already commenced on site, with the leisure centre due to open in 2022.
Councillor Parry Batth, executive member for environment and leisure, said: “Fun activities like the children’s soft play, clip ‘n climb and splash pad areas will offer something completely new for families, with state-of-the-art and improved spaces like the studios, sports hall, swimming pools, larger gym and specialist spin studio catering to local sports lovers. And it’s not just about sports and leisure. The new library will be a fantastic space, offering all the current facilities such as the lending library, children’s zone, study areas and meeting rooms in an improved environment with much more flexible and useable space which will be perfect for running events and activities”.
FT Leisure is delivering the water treatment and filtration systems for all pool and the exciting water features for the Splashpad.