We are hiring a Design Engineer/Revit Technician
We are an engineering business, offering innovative products, systems and technology to the public swimming pool industry. We have an internal design office and opening for a young professional, looking to develop their career as a design engineer.
Location: Bredbury Head Office
Job Type: Permanent
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Hours: Full time – 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 depending on experience
Other Benefits: Auto enrolment pension scheme, Profit sharing bonus scheme
Holidays: 20 days per annum + Statutory
- The principal duty will be the production of engineering drawings in AutoCAD/Revit. F T Leisure designs a range of swimming pool engineering systems; all our systems are fully designed in house, from concept stage, to detailed and fully dimensioned construction issue Typical drawings therefore include:
- System schematics
- Pipework layouts, sections and builderswork drawings
- Plantroom layouts, sections and builderswork drawings
- Fabrication and manufacturing details
- Electrical block diagrams
- In addition to drawings, you will also be producing design information, such as:
- Electrical load schedules
- Plant weight schedules
- Design calculations
- Initially, drawings and design information will be produced under instruction from the Design With training and guidance, we are expecting the candidate for this role to progress quickly and be producing drawings (without instruction) within 12 months.
- The maintenance and control of online construction drawing forums (4Projects, Asite, BIW, Aconex, Business Collaborator etc) including uploading/downloading design information as required by Design Engineers.
- The maintenance and control of drawing issue.
- Printing and distribution of drawings as required by Design Engineers, Project Engineers and site installation teams.
- To attend design meetings with Design Engineers as required.
- To provide regular progress updates to Directors on drawings release.
- Technical training on the company products and systems will be provided in house.
- External training will be provided on health and safety procedures where required.
- In order to gain experience on the company site procedures and installation processes, there will be a requirement to carry out a short period working on site (with site installation engineers).
- A higher education qualification in engineering.
- Must be highly proficient in AutoCAD and Revit software and have an ability to lay out drawings.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Any other experience in 3D drawing packages including Inventor or Solidworks.
- Previous works experience in an engineer design office.